My buddy Jack shared this recipe with me. I am sharing it with you my readers. Treat this like gold.
4 cups medium onions, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 lbs ground beef
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
2 cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes & Green Chiles
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 15.5 oz. can of chili (red) beans
1 14.5 can of chicken broth
3 tablespoons of chili powder
1/3 cup sliced Jalapeno peppers
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon black pepper
3 tablespoons "Original Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
4 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 16 oz. bag of tortilla chips
1. Chop up 4 medium onions and 1 large green pepper and set aside.
2. In a 10 inch skillet, brown 2 lbs. of ground beef, drain excess fat in a strainer, and place beef in a 6 quart pot.
3. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a skillet and saute 2 cups of chopped onion and entire chopped green pepper for 5 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add sauteed onions and green pepper to ground beef. Over medium heat, stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, chili beans, chicken broth, chili powder, jalapeno peppers, dark brown sugar, cocoa, black pepper and "Original" Louisiana Hot Sauce. Cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add Philadelphia Cream cheese and Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and stir until Cream cheese is melted completely.
6. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
Ladle Chili into serving bowl and top with shredded cheddar cheese and raw chopped onions to taste. Add 5 tortilla chips on edge of bowl. Serves 6.