( #Buffalo, #Superbowl )
NOTE: Need a crock pot
1 large loaf of bread (the crustier the better, make sure it is wide)
Chicken breasts (about 2.5 lbs)
3 oz tomato paste
Two red onions
8 oz chicken stock
Celery stalks (cut into strips)
Blue Cheese Dressing
Shoe-String French Fries
Two Large bottles of hot sauce (your choice)
Seasoning Pack (for fries)
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1. Two days before you want to eat the sandwich: Put the chicken breasts in a zip-lock bag and fill with buttermilk. Seal it, put it in a bowl (just in case it leaks), and refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours).
2. 12 hours before you are ready to eat the sandwich (or the night before): In a large bowl (or in the crock pot) - mix chicken stock, the tomato paste, and 4 oz of hot sauce. Put the mixture in the crock pot, set it to 10 hours cook time, low heat.
3. Dice up the two red onions and caramelize them in a frying pan - transfer to crock pot.
4. In the same pan, cook the chicken 4 minutes on each side and transfer to the crock pot.
5. Mix it up, walk away for 10 hours.
6. 10 hours later: Get a wooden spoon or fork and break the chicken apart (should be very easy).
7. Take out the french fries, preheat the oven, season the fries with the seasoning pack, and cook as directed (don't be afraid to hit broil for the last 4 minutes).
8. Mix blue cheese with hot sauce and treat as a spread for the sandwich.
9. Cut open the loaf of bread: Add the spread, then the cooper sharp, then the celery, then the chicken (use a slotted spoon), and then the fries. Drizzle a little spread on top of the fries.